What is this blog?

This blog is about my crafts as I'm sure it's obvious, but rather specifically I post about my quilling. I suppose I didn't include quilling in the title simply because that would limit what I could put in this blog. In other words, 99% of this is in fact quilling.

There ARE periods where I don't post anything for a long time, but that doesn't mean I'm done with quilling! I'll post again. Eventually.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pattern for 3-D fish


















10 strips for the body, 1/4 inch, 5 strips for each half of the body

A part of a strip 1/4 inch wide to wrap around the 2 parts of the glued body, and a 3 mm one to put over that, to make the fish more colorful.

2 8 inch strips for middle fin

2 8 inch strips for bottom fins

a 4 inch strip for the top fin in the back, and a 6 inch one for the front

Eyes are a 2 inch strip and 1 inch strip glued together

For back fins, the upper most and lower most part consists of a 2 inch strip, and the middle two 1 inch strip

Lips are 2 1 inch strips. Don't be afraid to leave holes on them!

My recomendations:

If you want your fish to be multi-colored like mine, use 1 1/2 strips for each color, and glue each color every other one in 3 inch sections, then make a long chain and roll.

Also, my fish are made using pearlized strips, which I suggest!

If you want a girl fish like I made, then take a very short black strip and use small scissors to cut 4 slits on it, and glue behind the eyes, cut as necessary.


Do you not understand a part of the directions or how to make a part of the fish? Then just ask me!

6 comments:

  1. Great fish, Rachelle! Welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rachelle. You may be young, but you are quite talented. These kissing fish are just adorable. Thank you for sharing with us.

    Charlotte
    www.theartofquilling.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the passion for quilling going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much you guys!

    And Charlotte, that means a lot to me, thank you very much :D. I've also checked out your site before through searching for quilling-I love seeing quilling sites and blogs :D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet fish, Rachelle! Love the tiny eyelashes. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these fish are well done...they even look like they are swimming.
    I am glad I have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete