What is this blog?

This blog is about my crafts as I'm sure it's obvious, but rather specifically I post about my quilling. I suppose I didn't include quilling in the title simply because that would limit what I could put in this blog. In other words, 99% of this is in fact quilling.

There ARE periods where I don't post anything for a long time, but that doesn't mean I'm done with quilling! I'll post again. Eventually.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Half day, half night picture painting

Hey everyone, I know it looks like I've already finished my next quilled picture. That isn't really the case. I finished this a few months ago. I found it when I was looking through my ipad pictures. I took a picture of it before I gave it to my uncle for his birthday (he was practically begging me to quill him something, ha ha! That's why I never took any close-ups.

I seem to be in a tree/ sunset, sky rut. My first one was a sunset tree, then a sunset, half and half, now another tree, half day half night. I guess I have a thing for sunsets and trees, and half and half stuff...

I had fun making the grass at the bottom. Some clearly look like grass, others blend in with the background. The branches are mainly folded strips. And the leaves are a mere inch coils...I wouldn't recommend doing that though, the tree took so so long. My favorite part is the moon. I like how lighter blue than the rest of the top surrounds it :).

1 comment: