What is this blog?

This blog is about my crafts as I'm sure it's obvious, but rather specifically I post about my quilling. I suppose I didn't include quilling in the title simply because that would limit what I could put in this blog. In other words, 99% of this is in fact quilling.

There ARE periods where I don't post anything for a long time, but that doesn't mean I'm done with quilling! I'll post again. Eventually.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Quilled 'Phoenix' bird picture

Once again, I made this a while ago, though I'm pretty sure I made this after my abstract man. I was looking up what to quill to fit my frame. It's 8x10 inches I think? Something like that. I saw an abstract looking bird, so I thought why not! Then I decided to quill some clouds and a sun for it too.

If you look closely, you can see my ipad in its case in the reflection of the glass. Ha!



I put glued the quills onto light blue card stock and put some bright green around it for just a little something! Most of the coils are six inches, but some May be different, like parts of the coils on the bird. I decided to call it a Phoenix, though it could be anything, because that is what my younger sister kept calling it! I have it hanging in my room, but I had to take it down and snap the pictures by my window because it was so dark where it was hanging. Having a basement bedroom will do that!




No comments:

Post a Comment