What is this blog?

This blog is about my crafts as I'm sure it's obvious, but rather specifically I post about my quilling. I suppose I didn't include quilling in the title simply because that would limit what I could put in this blog. In other words, 99% of this is in fact quilling.

There ARE periods where I don't post anything for a long time, but that doesn't mean I'm done with quilling! I'll post again. Eventually.
There was an error in this gadget

Friday, March 21, 2014

Quilled 'Phoenix' bird picture

Once again, I made this a while ago, though I'm pretty sure I made this after my abstract man. I was looking up what to quill to fit my frame. It's 8x10 inches I think? Something like that. I saw an abstract looking bird, so I thought why not! Then I decided to quill some clouds and a sun for it too.

If you look closely, you can see my ipad in its case in the reflection of the glass. Ha!



I put glued the quills onto light blue card stock and put some bright green around it for just a little something! Most of the coils are six inches, but some May be different, like parts of the coils on the bird. I decided to call it a Phoenix, though it could be anything, because that is what my younger sister kept calling it! I have it hanging in my room, but I had to take it down and snap the pictures by my window because it was so dark where it was hanging. Having a basement bedroom will do that!




No comments:

Post a Comment