What is this blog?

This blog is about my crafts as I'm sure it's obvious, but rather specifically I post about my quilling. I suppose I didn't include quilling in the title simply because that would limit what I could put in this blog. In other words, 99% of this is in fact quilling.

There ARE periods where I don't post anything for a long time, but that doesn't mean I'm done with quilling! I'll post again. Eventually.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

3D quilling abstract man

Hi everyone I'm sure everyone has forgotten about little old me already. That's okay because a year sure is a long time! As it says at the top of my blog, I will never quit quilling xD. I have quilled since I last posted but I just haven't posted anything. It's a hassle to take pictures then put them on the computer and then write something about it because I don't know if anyone cares. But people must because this blog has gotten a lot more views. I know I'm often an internet lurker and don't post comments. But of course I do love comments...

Well, a week or so ago, I decided to hunker down and organize my strips because they were such a mess in my droors (I know that isn't a word but I say droors). A complete nightmare, I'm sure many of you feel my pain! Well, I looked up the best way to store strips and I combined an idea with my own. In my craft closet, my dad had some metal hook things and put those into the wall and we bought a dowel rod. Then I clipped each color with a binder clip. I used large ones. Then I bought binder rings so I could easily take them on and off, and I also used a hexagonal punch to write the color and brand of strip and used a small hole punch to attach it with the ring to the dowel rod. It is working really well! I think it looks kind of pretty. It is weighing it down a lot. My dad said he was going to put a third hook in in the middle, but there is no telling when he will get around to doing that! I'm not even done yet, I'm not sure how I will deal with my narrow and wide strips!

I just got the new ipad air a few days ago and that's my biggest motivation to post something... It has a pretty good camera unlike my old ipad 2! Less steps to posting that way. I'm on my ipad a lot, even typing up this post.





So this is one thing I wanted to show you all that I've made. I made this like three months ago, but it's nothing new. As you may know if you've read my about me, I'm pretty young (20 now. I should update and delete parts of my profile I suppose... and update my picture, I was like fifteen in that picture! I'm not one for selfies...) and I do love quilling obviously and quilling flowers, though they are often more colorful than many people quill flowers. I also do like modern looks even though that often seems to be a different genre than quilling stuff.

I was determined to quill an abstract sculpture and this is what I came up with. It's an abstract man. I think it looks like he's cheering.



I decided to use these colors because it matches the color of my room, but I still haven't figured out where I want to put it. I wish the lighting was better, but sadly it's a depressing trying to be spring day. It's finally above freezing here in the tundra of Wisconsin. It was a nightmare winter here. There was a handful of days the highs were in the negatives. In one of my classes, we learned this was a record low December/January/February



No comments:

Post a Comment